I am in the throes of completing the Model Factory Hiro 1/12 kit of the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. This is a significantly detailed, complex multimedia kit from MFH – similar to the MFH kit of the 787B I will be recording in this blog.
My kit is ”Version D”, which is of chassis 4153GT, the car that won the 1964 24 Hours of Le Mans. I have added more superdetailing on this build, including:
- addition of LED lighting for the headlights, side lights, fog lights, driving lights, tail/brake lights, and left and right indicators.
- additon of fuel supply pipework (from the fuel filter at rear of the chassis, to the fule pump mounted on the engine block)
- replacement of the moulded hoses and clamps with heat shrink tubing and photo-etched clamps
- additon of oil pressure, water temperature and windscreen water supply lines
- additon of dashboard wiring
- replacement of the spare wheel with a full wire-spoked wheel
Here are some selected build photos, all the way from the engine build to the completed chassis and body.
I plan to have photos of the completed build in a post in the near future!