After a busy few days prepping, painting and glueing parts: I have completed the next section! Section 7 adds a bunch of auxillary components to the engine, and I guess is a fairly straightforward section. The main wrinkle is that the 'carbon fibre' mounting plate and its support brackets didn't seem to fit together particularly … Continue reading Section 7 – More engine stuff completed!
I have finished my very first complete section of the instructions: Section 6, which is the basic engine block build. A couple of WIP photos follow. I included the four rotors inside the engine - and it spins! I have added a video of the engine turning over. Front of the engineRear of the engine, … Continue reading Section 6 (Engine block) completed!
I have decided that my Mazda 787B will be getting a driver! I started thinking it would be useful if I had a scale figure to help get the seat belts installed correctly... and then decided it would be interesting to go ahead full and model the driver. This will be my first meaningful attempt … Continue reading The car will have a driver!
Given my decision to repaint the monocoque body (last post), I can't really show progress of building up the car - there's nothing to stick the parts to! That said, I will show various sub-assemblies as they get built up, ready to add to the car when (eventually) the body is ready. I previously posted … Continue reading (Re)posting Section 3 assemblies
Well, my plans for painting the body - so far, the monocoque (part RE3) and the doors - have failed. I have in fact unpublished the plans as they are dud, and I wouldn't want anyone following me down that particular garden path. The broad idea was: To paint the interior black (acrylic), then mask … Continue reading Plans fail: Repainting the body