After a busy few days prepping, painting and glueing parts: I have completed the next section! Section 7 adds a bunch of auxillary components to the engine, and I guess is a fairly straightforward section. The main wrinkle is that the ‘carbon fibre’ mounting plate and its support brackets didn’t seem to fit together particularly well. I used the fuel cell (part RE12) as a jig to ensure the brackets are fit correctly – that is, I need to make make sure now that the engine will eventually mount into RE12). Here’s a picture:
The engine, at the completion of Section 7, now looks like this:
A couple of small elements – a clear yellow pipe, and some eletrical cabling – are still to be added, probably later when the engine is installed into the monocoque.
UPDATED: In the above photos, you can see the variable air intake stepper motors on the top of the engine (2 each of parts M169, M167). I would reccomend NOT fixing these until Section 8 – as they get in the way of attaching the intakes.