A page of variously useful links to information about the model, and the real, Mazda 787B.
See Model Factory Hiro’s page for the 1/12 scale ‘full detatail’ kit. This page includes photos of the test build (not painted), and parts lists for the resin and metal parts. This page now also has images of most of the (updated and corrected) instructions for this kit, or see the Documentation page.
The Real Car
These books provide reference images for the 787B.
- Photograph Collection Volume 6: MAZDA 787B in Detail published by Model Factory Hiro.
- Super Detail File: Mazda 787B published by San-Ei Shobo Publishing.
- Never Stop Challenging: Mazda’s Conquest of Le Mans by Pierre Dieudonné, published by Apach. (This one is interesting for the story behind the car, but has only a few useful photos of the 787B itself.)
These are some sites I have found that have good detail photos (and videos) of the 787B:
- This page describes features of the earlier 767B. That car and the later 787B do share a lot of features, and this page provides some good insight into both cars. http://old.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/3867/Nerds-Eye-View-Mazdaspeed-Mazda-767B.aspx
- My blog about my build of the Model Airways 1/16 Curtiss JN-4D “Jenny” biplane
- Gareth Evans’ blog about his build of the MFH Mazda 787B. Are we leading parallel lives?
These are links to some of the modelmaking products I am using for adding detail to the kit:
- Model Factory Hiro P1137 1/12 scale Line Decal for 787B. “This decal set is for those who wish to apply the white dotted lines separately after applying colours to the body of the car on their own. “
- Autograph Models 1/12 scale photo-etched hose clamps and cable ties
- Scalelab Models SLM-24003 1/24 scale photo-etched zip ties (suitable for small cable ties at 1/12 scale)
- Model Factory Hiro P0978 Hose Joint set (Non Plated)
- Model Factory Hiro P1093 Carbon Decal Yellow (Kevlar) Type 2
- Model Factory Hiro P1135 Carbon Gradation Pattern Type 2-S
- Model Factory Hiro P1139 Carbon Thick Wave Pattern L
- Top Studio TD23132 1/20 – 1/24 scale Weld Lines
- Archer Fine Transfers AR88005 Perfect weld beads, various scales
- Atlantic Case 10161 Goodwood 1/12 Scale Acrylic Display Case with Mahogany Wood Base & metal frame
These are links to paints, paints charts, etc, that I am using:
- Zero Paints ZP-1203 Mazda 787B Renown Paint Set
- Zero Paints ZP-1583 Charcoal Textured Paint
- Vallejo Model Air (and the Model Air Color Chart)
- Vallejo Model Color (and the Model Color Color Chart)
- Vallejo Metal Color (and the Metal Color Color Chart)
- Vallejo Game Color (and the Game Air Color Chart)
- Vallejo Model Wash (and the Model Wash Color Chart)
- Mr Color lacquer paints
- Tamiya Color Acrylic Paints (Gloss)
- Tamiya Color Enamel Paints (Gloss)
- Tamiya Color Spray Paints lacquer paints
- Humbrol Washes enamel paints
- AK Interactive Terrains Asphalt acrylic diorama texture paint