Yes, after six months and three attempts, the body and doors ar finally painted! The last steps were to paint the interior/carbon fiber parts black, add the carbon fiber decals, and seal them with a semi-gloss topcoat. Here then are the pictures: Interior surfaces all painted blackThe painted doors, with carbon fiber on the interior … Continue reading OMG the body is painted!
Well, some much happier news after the decals and paint debacle... the monocoque and doors have been repainted, and the side pods and undertray have also been painted! New decals have been sourced and applied to all six of these pieces. For the kit decals I had to remove, I ordered a replacement set of … Continue reading Third time’s the charm for painting the body!
Well, its been three months, but I have finally progressed the painting of the monocoque and doors. The exterior colour coats are done, ready for decals to be appplied. For the fluorescent orange, I settled on a base colour of Tamiya TS-98 Pure Orange, which gives me good coverage over the primer, and then TS-96 … Continue reading Repainting the monocoque – exterior colours
Well, my plans for painting the body - so far, the monocoque (part RE3) and the doors - have failed. I have in fact unpublished the plans as they are dud, and I wouldn't want anyone following me down that particular garden path. The broad idea was: To paint the interior black (acrylic), then mask … Continue reading Plans fail: Repainting the body